Wednesday, February 21, 2007

First Post Intro

I'm so lucky to be born as a 'rojak'. My dad is half Jawa, half Pakistani, mom is half Chinese, half Kadazan. I get to celebrate Hari Raya, Christmas, Chinese New Year and Ka'amatan, and I am really grateful for that advantages. The disadvantage of celebrating four festive season in a year is, I always have to fight with my HR department everytime I apply for leave *sigh*. Oh well, I don't care cause my leave approved anyway :)

Actually, I'm still pretty tired after Chinese New Year's celebration at my grandparent's house. As usual, I'll be slaving away in the kitchen, preparing foods for 'our side' (muslims), and my Uncle Ong preparing foods for 'their side' (non-muslims). Not to worry, cause we have two separate kitchen. My grandparents knew very well about 'halal' and 'haram'. Oh, and we have additional family member this year - my aunt's hubby, Pakcik Boo. This is his first time celebrating Chinese New Year with us.

I guess I'll tell you about CNY celebration in my next post. My eyelids are begging me to close them and my pillows are calling my name and singing me lullabies. Until then, see ya!

No comments: