Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Hi there!


First, I must apologize for not updating my blog. I haven't got any spare time - I'm pretty tied up with works and things. To be honest, my mind is not working with my body well, so forgive me if there's too much rambling (hiks)


You guys knew that I went to JB for a Travel Fair, rite? Here's some update on what happens:-


05 July 07
I went to Terminal 2 Airport for my flight to JB (Sky picked me up - thank you). Naik Air Asia ok! Called Lydia, told her that I'll see her at the airport. Met my cousin, Nisa, Karen and the late Uncle Abing's wife and son. Nisa told me they're going to Tawau (not Nisa & Karen). Said my goodbyes and went for check- in. Judging from the line up I guess the flight is full. Still no sign of Lydia and the rest at this point. Nevermind, I'll keep on queueing. As my line moved really slow, I've decided to move to the next row. Bad decision. I didn't realize that there's a bunch of stupid people at the check in counter. I dunno what happenned, but I guess they're trying to get a free excess luggage coz they seemed to have like 5 trolleys full of bags & boxes. And then they're asking the counter guy far too many questions. They're so ignorant! Don't they know we've been waiting like forever behind them? Bodo piang betul. Oang macam ni should be the last one to check-in sebab menyusahkan orang. Finally, I saw Lydia & get to know Connis (TYH Borneo) & Christine (Borneo Esapade).


At the flight, I sat next to Christine & a nice lady with her baby. I ate sandwich - Turkey Ham & Cheese on board. Lapar gila sebab tiada breakfast. Sampai JB lebih kurang 12pm. Picked our luggage, heading straight to Taxi Counter. Off we go to our hotel. Me, Connis & Christine shared a cab. Unfortunately, the cab ada problem - clutch oil leaking so all the way to the hotel we have to stop 2 times to refuel. Anyhoo, we arrived in one piece walaupun kena drop off a little far from the hotel. Check-in the proceeds to City Square for our first round of shopping. But before that, we had our lunch at City Square Food Court. I had chicken mushroom & rice hot plate - taste biasa ja. Nothing special & mahal pula tu! Sungguh tidak berpatutan with the price. Let's continue with our shopping.


Me & Christine going for bag hunting. Actually I drag her to go bag-hunting with me coz I'm desperate for one. Went to Inner City and voila! I've found one nice bag at bargain price - RM23.90 (actual price is RM29.90, 20% discount). Happy, happy happy! I also bought sunglasses - Chanel at RM299.00, make up palet for RM12.75 at Watson, and a concealer for RM17.90. That's it. No more shopping for me today. After a while, we decided to have a drink at Season's. I ordered a Teriyaki Pizza, a slice of Chocolate Cake and Coke. We shared the heavenly Pizza..so yummy! Tapau the cake for supper.


We went to City Square Lobby for a short briefing (around 15 minutes or so). Then we went up to the cineplex and bought tickets for Transformers. Only me, Lydia & Conrad going. Connis & Christine decided to stay at the hotel. Tired, they said. Before we went back for a quick shower & change, Chris wants to take her early dinner. To the food court we go (again). Connis, Lydia, Conrad and I had a drink and Chris had a nasi campur.


So we catch the 1900hrs show. My thoughts on the movie? BRILLIANT! Enough said, it's worth every penny. After the movie, we met up with Connis & Chris at Hasyimah Briyani House. Supper time, people. Conrad had a Briyani Ayam, Chris & Lydia had Mee Mamak, Connis had Maggi Goreng. I ordered Teh Tarik Ping & Roti Canai. The roti is not as nice - rubbery but the kuah tasted so good. 2330hrs, we called it a night. Oh, by the way, I've got the room to myself so no worries on disturbing other people if I snored loudly (hahahahaha). No astro on TV, but that's ok coz I can still watch Indonesians and Singapore's channel. Fell asleep very late. My sore throat showed no sign of healing.


06 July 07
Woke up at 0730. It's still too early so I laze around until about 0830hrs. Took my shower & dressed. Went to the 1st floor to join the others for breakfast. Upon reaching 1st floor, I was confused because a) There is no sign of a restaurant and b) It's smells soooo bad I thought it's a dumpster. Luckily someone tunjukkan jalan. Sampai restaurant, sekali lagi aku terkejut chimpanzi. It looks like a canteen rather than a restaurant! The foods jangan cakaplah. Very the budget style. Nasi lemak & mihun goreng yang kering gila (Step-In Lodge punya breakfast lagi bagus padahal it's a backpackers lodge). Anyway, makan sajalah...apa boleh buat.


1000hrs, we make a move to City Square. Today is the 1st day of Cuti Cuti Malaysia Travel Fair. Normally 1st day tiada apa sangat, cuma introduction, bagi flyers, promo sikit sikit la. We part ways, heading to our booth and start setting up. As expected, crowd memang kureng. Untuk mengelakkan kebosanan, I went to Lydia's booth to chit chat. Sometimes Conrad or Christine singgah at my booth. Late afternoon around 1400hrs, me & Christine went for lunch at Sedap Corner at 2nd floor. I had a delicious Briyani Ayam and Coke and Christine had Mihun Ladna & cold water. Received a call from Fahndy. Terkejut dia when he knows that I'm in JB. He wants to take me for lunch tomorrow. Yippie! Free lunch! I'm happy!


Ada artist perform hari ni - Dafi, Amy Search, Wahida & Sharifah Zarina. Aku cuma tengok Amy Search saja. Yg lain sorry, I tak minat. Niat hati mau ambik gambar dengan Amy tapi terlalu ramai orang so aku lupakan niat suci murni aku.

Not long after that, I went to Coffee Bean & bought Mocha Ice Blended. Yummylicious! Memang banyak godaan. On my left, there's Giordano. Turn right, Coffee Bean, Lavender & Starbucks. Further left ada Season's, Mc Donalds and Padini & Co...etc...etc...all are close to my booth. Aku pun jadi Chipsmore; sekejap ada, sekejap tiada. Tup tap tup tap, it's already 2000hrs. Christine signal bawa dinner pula. Dia ni pasal makan boleh tahan. So went with her to basement's food court. Settled at a restaurant called 'Stone Grill'. Boleh tahan restaurant ni, cozy and very inviting. Harga makanan pun tidaklah cekik darah. Aku makan Kuay Teow Seafood, Chris choose a Mihun Tomyam. My Kuay Teow tasted soooooooooooo delicious! Kata orang sampai menjilat jari, tapi kata aku sampai jilat piring (for those yang tidak tau, piring means pinggan and no, I did not jilat the pinggan at Stone Grill okay!). For those who wants to try out their food, Stone Grill located at Basement 1 Unit #MB-11, 12, 13 & 14, JB City Square (Free promo laaagi)

At 2130hrs, the first day of CCM Travel Fair officialy ended. I didn't manage to close any sales today (*sigh*). Hopefully tomorrow will be better. We've decided to go to the warung at the back of our hotel for supper. Since me & Chris had had our dinner earlier, I thought a drink is enough. But guess what? Chris ordered Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin! AND managed to finish the whole plate! Conrad told us that he and Christine had a meal at Secret Recipe just before I had dinner with her! My, my..this girl has a very good appetite. I wonder how she maintained her body (although it's not as skinny as models but still slim). Conrad had Chicken Soup & rice, Lydia had Nasi Goreng Sayur & Telur Mata Lembu and Connis had Nasi Goreng Tom Yam. Me? A can of Coke is enough, thank you. I'm still full. Back to the hotel at almost 2300hrs. Showered and retired to my bed. Immediately travel to Dreamland as my head hit the pillow...

07 July 07 (Triple 7 - Lucky day?)

We've decided to skip the awful breakfast at our hotel and went to a local cafe nearby. Conrad did not join us for breakfast today. Diana of KL agent tag along. Lydia and I had Mee Goreng & Fried egg, Connis had Kon Lou Mee, Diana had Roti Bakar & soft boiled egg. To my surprise, Christine did not order anything but a cup of hot milk tea. Maybe she want's to repent for yesterday's feasting (hiks..)

2nd day of CCM. Crowd is good but judging from their response, I'd say this CCM lacked of promotion. Most of potential buyer have no clue that there is a Travel Fair in City Square. Pendekkan cerita, today I managed to close one sale. Good enough for me. Almost noon time now. I'm looking forward to my lunch appointment with my 'adik' - Fahndy. Dulu dia kerja di airport si kami kenal dari situ la. Sekarang he's working in Singapore, aku lupa pula kerja apa.

SMS

Me : Mana sudah kau? Lambat juga..aku lapar sudah ni..

Fahndy : Kau ingat ini macam di KK ka? Aku jalan kaki ni dari terminal ferri. Tunggu aku kol.

Me : Ok la. Cepat!

I'm surprised to see him sebab selekeh habis dia! Sempat aku lecture ask him to tidy up. He just ketawa bodo ja. We went to Kenny Rogers for lunch. I had Macaroni & Cream Cheese and Fahndy had Spaghetti Marinara. My Mac & Cheese sucks! Tasteless and so yucky!. Telan sajalah orang belanja. Buang membazir pula. Chit Chat with Fahndy about his relationship sama si Joyce (my ex colleague, his gf yang sekarang kerja di Singapore juga). Bagi nasihat lebih kurang. Fahndy want's to catch a movie (DIVA) so we said our goodbyes. See you again Fahndy! Take care!

So I went back to my booth. Sempat singgah Star Bucks beli Frappuccino - a little too sweet for me taste. Passing brochures, promoting Sabah. A lot of inquiries but did not manage to close sales this afternoon. 2130hrs, the second day of CCM officially closed. We headed to the warung (same place as yesterday). This time, I had Sup Kambing. Lydia & Diana had Ikan Bakar, Connis had Nasi Campur. Christine had Nasi Goreng Ayam and Conrad had Sup Daging. Mus & Hafiz (Kinabalu Daya Hotel) joined us, both of them are having Sup Daging. Finished our meal, heading back to hotel. I'm feeling tired tonight so I dozed off early around 2300hrs. Nite nite...oh, by the way, I'm still suffering from sore throat :(

08 July 07

Decided to take breakfast at the 'canteen' that masquerading as 'restaurant'. Ternampak Zulkifli M Osman & his mom - Afida Es. Wonder what they're doing in JB...new film or drama shooting? I dont know...couldn't be bothered.

Last day of CCM. Hopefully dapat close banyak sales. Tapi tengok keadaan chances macam not so good. As usual, a lot of inquiries. Most popular question is : Is this includes air ticket? Of course not! How can I include air ticket's fare when the flight they're taking is Air Asia? Halo, c'mon la...macam tak tau Air Aisa's fare changes every second. Sakit hati aku. Tapi sabar. Sunny from Summer Cruise treat me lunch at food court. I ordered Nasi Ayam (not nice at all). Sunny had a sweet & sour fish fillet. She claimed it as delicious. Unfortunately, I'm not a sweet & sour fan so as long as she enjoys her meal, I guess it's okay.

Managed to close 1 sale today. Diving & non-diving package. Boleh la daripada tiada. At least ada sales. Rasa lemas yang melampau menyerang. Penat, lapar, mengantuk semua ada. 2130hrs, CCM Travel Fair JB officially ended and closed. Aku round the whole area, saying goodbyes to my new found friends from travel line. Earlier today, me, Connis, Conrad, Lydia & Christine made a wicked plan. We wanna ditch Diana from tailing us tonight. Dunno why we don't feel comfortable around her (sorry, just being honest). So we packed and waited at Connis's booth. Told Diana that we're not going out for dinner, just tapau and eat in our room. She believed us, and went out with her friend to Danga Bay. We rushed to hotel, change our cloth and went to dinner at local restaurant nearby. I had Kuay Teow Kerang, Lydia had Kuay Teow Ayam, Conrad had Chicken Rice, Connis had Duck Rice and Chris had Rice with Duck & Chicken. Whilst waiting for my meal to arrive, I ordered beef & lamb satay. Mmmm...delicious. And my Kuay Teow tasted good. Not great, but good. I wanted to go to Pasar Seni...teringin mau survey items di sana. Mana la tau ada yang berkenan. Too bad it's windy and drizzling so all of us balik hotel. Sebelum tu me & Lydia singgah di warung. Hajat hati mau beli ayam percik tapi no such luck, sold out. Hampeh aku.

Earlier on kami plan mau stay di bilik aku after dinner. Kiranya mau main card and chit chat. But Conrad has other plan. He went to Karaoke on 1st floor with his cousins (terjumpa pula di JB..macam jejak kasih..hehehe). Chris not joining. Tired gila katanya. Lydia is the first to arrive. Then received a call from Diana, dia pun mau join sekali. Then Connis sampai so we played this game called Kua Merah (Pairs). They complained yang bilik aku sejuk mau mampus so after quite a while we moved to Lydia's room but Connis called it a night so tinggal me, Lydia & Diana continue main card. after half & hour aku teringat yang aku belum packing so I retired to my room and start packing apa yang patut. Just about to reach Slumberland when Lydia sms me. She wants to go to Karaoke. Sounds fun. So I changed my cloth and went with her plan.

It was a lousy Karaoke of course. No, I don't sing. Sore throat, remember? (even if I dont have sore throat, you think I wanna sing in an open Karaoke ka? Sorry laaa...). Most of the guest are Sabahans, half of them Conrad punya cousins. We had fun laughing at them singing and dancing. It's already 0330hrs when I finally cannot tahan mengantuk yang teramat. Lydia & Conrad still wants to stay so I leave them there. Sampai bilik, tukar baju and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

09 July 07

I woke up at 0930hrs. I'm going home today. Flight at 1820hrs jadi ada masa untuk shopping. Luckily aku sudah packing all my stuffs semalam. Mandi, get dressed and went to Lydia's room with my luggage. All of us will be in the same flight except for Christine who will be flying off the next morning. Check-out, terus pergi walkway for brunch (it's almot 1130hrs when we left the hotel). Me, Lydia & Chris had Nasi Campur and Connis had Fried Noodle (Conrad did not join us today. We'll meet him at lobby before departing to Senai Airport). Next stop is F.O.S. I bought 1 blouse & 1 t-shirt for me self here. Since Connis & Christine masih lagi memilih baju di F.O.S, me & Lydia went to City Square dulu. Sampai City Square, we parted ways. I went to Bag Shop cari beg untuk Teha & my mom. Kurang berkenan pula. Let's go to Reject Shop.

I bought t-shirts for Alan(2), Ajib(2) & Ira(1). Then Azman sms me minta beli sunglasses color green tea. Sorry bro, kau tu cerewet gila pig. Better beli sendiri sebab kalau aku beli nanti kau banyak komen. Next mission Inner City cari beg mom & Teha. Still no luck. Kalau ada pun harga dia mahal siut. Then aku teringat di ground floor ada shack yang jual Bags & Shoes. Bought Teha's bag at RM29.90. Still belum jumpa bag yang sesuai for my mom. So I decided to give her my bag which I bought at Inner City. It's okay sebab Bubu ada bagi aku satu bag baru. Round punya round, it's almost 1500hrs. Last stop, Seasons - I bought Almond Cookies, Pineapple Cookies & Layer Cake coz I know mom's gonna love it. Di KK manada Seasons. Well, ada la tapi itu cake house and tidak sama macam yang di JB punya Seasons. Okay..enough shopping. Time to get ready. Christine still wants to shop so we leave her at City Square. Bye bye Christy, we'll see you back in KK.

Found out that Lydia sampai awal di hotel. Rupanya dia belum packing lagi. Sambil tunggu dia packing, I changed to my newly bought PINK colored T-Shirt. Waiting for our taxi at the lobby. Sementara tu I went to the stall next door beli padlock. Sempat juga aku sambar 3 packet of Red Henna (again, susah cari di KK) for my mom. Taxi sampai, off we go to Senai Airport. Sempat beramah mesra with the taxi driver. He gave us a lot of 'kata kata hikmat' and nasihat. Thank you Pakcik. God bless you.

Arrived Senai Airport before 1700hrs. Check-in our luggages then proceed to Dunkin' Donuts. Tapau for my mom and the rest at home. Terkejut girl yang kerja di Dunkin' Donuts sebab kami tapau habis habisan like there's no tomorrow. 'Banyak beli kak? Bawa balik mana?' soal the girl with a big question mark hanging above her head. 'Tapau bawa balik Sabah. Sana tiada Dunkin' Donuts' I explained. Untuk mengelak daripada membayar makanan yang overpriced on board, me & Connis had our dinner at Senai Airport Cafe. I had Kuay Teow Daging and Connis & Conrad had Mihun Hong Kong. Yummy & fulfilling. Called my mom, informed her of my ETD & ETA. Just wanna make sure that my bro pick me up on time.

I sat next to Connis in flight. Lyida & Conrad nowhere in sight since boarding. Flight was good, I slept for a while. Honestly, I'm drained - mentally & physically. ETA KKIA T2 airport at 2020hrs. I saw Ben on my way into Terminal, I guess he did'nt notice. Queue for immigration clearance (terasa macam PTI pula) then pick up my luggage. Baru nampak muka si Lydia & Conrad. They sat at the back pula. Patut tidak nampak. My bro arrived right on time with Ajib. How I missed Ajib so very much! Let's go home. Bye bye all, nice to know you guys. See ya again some times.

Sampai rumah, terus bagi gifts to everyone. I feel bad sebab tiada beli apa apa for Sam but at the same time I'm glad to see their happy face feasting on Dunkin' Donuts. Mom loved the bag, Teha pun happy sebab ada bag sekolah baru. Azlan & Ajib dapat 2 t-shirt each, Ira 1 t-shirt. Phew! I'm really shattered. Slept early lebih kurang 1030hrs.

It's good to be home........*smile*

No comments: